Invitation for Registration on the Consultant Database
The Urban Development Corporation (UDCORP) under its mandate of encouraging and assisting Local Authorities in planning urban growth and development as well as improving the standards of living of general populace of Zimbabwe through the development of proper housing and related infrastructure seeks the services of a Transport Planner to support creation of different spatial development plans.
The Consultant should have the capacity to deliver the following:
- Designing and interpreting transport and travel surveys
- Developing initial design ideas for proposed new or improved transport infrastructure
- Writing clear reports and present options and recommendations on transport systems
- Using mathematical and computer simulation models to forecast the effects of road improvements, policy changes and/or public transport schemes
- Evaluating the benefits and costs of different transport strategies
- Assessing infrastructure requirements (servitudes, access, car parking, bus stops, cycle parking, etc) of new developments to support planning applications or to inform local development plans
- Liaising and negotiating with different parties, e.g. Planning and highways authorities, residents' groups, councillors and politicians, developers and transport providers
- Acting as an expert witness at public inquiries and planning appeals
The Consultant must have the following experience and skills:
- A degree in either Civil Engineering/ Environmental Sciences or Studies/ Geography, Social Science/ Rural and Urban Planning (biased towards Transport Planning) from a reputable institution.
- A minimum of 10 years post qualification experience in the transport industry.
- Ability to work well with a multidisciplinary team.
Submission of Applications and closing date
Suitable Candidates are required to submit an Expression of Interest including the following: Curriculum Vitae and at least 2 referees who can vouch for the quality of previous work. Please send by email to email@example.com on or before 30 March 2020, at 1600hrs with heading: DEVELOPMENT PLAN PROJECTS – TRANSPORT PLANNER.
NB: Please note that whilst all applicants will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, qualified women are especially encouraged to apply. Please further note that although we value all applications, we unfortunately can only respond to short listed candidates.