Urban Development Corporation (UDCORP) is a state owned enterprise (SOE) under the Ministry of Local Government Public Works and National Housing. The Corporation was formed through the Urban Development Corporation Act [Chapter 29:16] in 1986. It was primarily set up for the purposes of encouraging and assisting Local Authorities to plan and co-ordinate urban growth and development, as well as to improve the standards of living of the general populace of Zimbabwe through the development of proper housing and related infrastructure. It also offers Audit Services to the Local Authorities in Zimbabwe.
Our culture of teamwork allows us to combine the quality and expertise of our professional staff to satisfy our clients’ needs.
We exhibit high commitment of professional excellency in service delivery.
We execute our duties in an acceptable ethical behaviour with respect to stakeholder values.
We are in control of our operations as we strive to improve our efficiencies in an effective manner.
To be the leader in the provision of affordable housing and related infrastructure in Zimbabwe.
To facilitate planned sustainable urban growth and development in Zimbabwe.
Objects and Functions of the Corporation
The UDCORP Act specifies the objectives of the Corporation as follows;
- To encourage and assist Local Authorities and Regional planning councils and local planning authorities established in terms of the Regional, Town and Country Planning Act [Chapter 29:12] to plan and co-ordinate urban growth and development within development areas;
- To generate employment and encourage the development of commerce and industry within development areas;
- To assist in the provision of housing and social facilities within development areas to encourage people to live and work therein;
- To create and ensure the maintenance of an attractive environment within development areas;
- To provide all forms of assistance, including financial or technical assistance, management counselling, training, auditing and other services, information or advice, to:
- Local authorities
- Co-operatives and commercial, industrial or other enterprises
- To do all things which by this Act or any other enactment are required or permitted to be done by the Corporation.
MR HASHMON MATEMERA
Head of Management Committee
MR FELIX J MWASE
Commercial Services Director
MISS ZVICHANZII V MUGOTA
Legal and Corporate Services Director
MRS IDAYI MUSUKA
Audit and Assurance Executive