Invitation for Registration on the Consultant Database
The Urban Development Corporation (UDCORP) under its mandate of encouraging and assisting Local Authorities in planning urban growth and development as well as improving the standards of living of general populace of Zimbabwe through the development of proper housing and related infrastructure seeks the services of an Environment Specialist - EIA Expert to support creation of different spatial development plans.
The Consultant should have the capacity to deliver the following:
- Developing and executing programs to ensure regulatory compliance obligations are fulfilled in a cost-effective manner, and that environmental risks are successfully managed.
- Ensuring environmental screening & scoping, and assessment is undertaken for each project activity and specific EMPs are prepared which are monitored and reported.
- Advising on integration of best practices into planning and decision-making while developing master plans and other project activities.
- Submitting clear and concise written reports based on field inspections.
- Recommending and coordinating the development of programs needed to comply with hazardous materials regulations.
- Collecting, analysing, and managing environmental data, including air quality permitting and emissions data management, soil tests, storm water, Industrial discharge programs, hazardous materials/waste management, over-water transfer of oil, etc. and preparing environmental reports for regulatory submissions and other environmental media.
The Consultant must have the following experience and skills:
- Seven years working experience in subject field that also involves Master Plan development.
- Degree in Geography and Environmental Science/Environmental Science and Health or any other related programme. An associated Masters Programme is an added advantage.
- Working knowledge of hazardous materials including hazardous wastes, asbestos, and other hazardous pollutants.
- Ability to understand and apply government regulations related to hazardous materials and wastes.
- Experience in inspecting for hazardous materials and understanding processes which can produce hazardous wastes and hazardous air pollutants.
- Good interpersonal relationship skills.
Suitable Candidates are required to submit an Expression of Interest including the following: Curriculum Vitae and at least 2 referees who can vouch for the quality of your previous work. Please send by email to email@example.com on or before 13 March 2020, at 1600hrs with heading: DEVELOPMENT PLAN PROJECTS – ENVIRONMENTALIST / EIA EXPERT.
NB: Please note that whilst all applicants will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, qualified women are especially encouraged to apply. Please further note that although we value all applications, we unfortunately can only respond to short listed candidates.