Invitation for Registration on the Consultant Database
The Urban Development Corporation (UDCORP) under its mandate of encouraging and assisting Local Authorities in planning urban growth and development as well as improving the standards of living of general populace of Zimbabwe through the development of proper housing and related infrastructure seeks the services of a Geotechnical / Geological Specialist to support creation of different spatial development plans.
The Consultant should have the capacity to deliver the following:
- Planning, directing and conducting investigative work to analyse the likely behaviour of soil and rock when placed under pressure by proposed structures, and designs above and below ground foundations.
- Ensuring all geological data is sourced in an accurate and useful manner
- Performing geotechnical site investigations and analyses.
- Assisting Engineers with producing engineering reports, plans and specifications.
- Preparing of drawings and/or provision of information to draughting staff in order for them to produce plans and drawings.
- Conducting site assessments to determine appropriate location for structures/foundations.
The Consultant must have the following experience and skills:
- Must have knowledge in Geological Software such as Mapinfo, Surpac, and extensive practical knowledge in structural geology.
- At least 5 years experience
- Ensures all geological data is sourced in an accurate and useful manner
Submission of Applications and closing date
Suitable candidates are required to submit an Expression of Interest including the following: Curriculum Vitae and at least 2 referees who can vouch for the quality of your previous work. Please send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 13 March 2020, at 1600hrs with heading: DEVELOPMENT PLAN PROJECTS – GEOTECHNICAL/GEOLOGICAL SPECIALIST.
NB: Please note that whilst all applicants will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, qualified women are especially encouraged to apply. Please further note that although we value all applications, we unfortunately can only respond to short listed candidates.