Invitation for Registration on the Consultant Database
The Urban Development Corporation (UDCORP) under its mandate of encouraging and assisting Local Authorities in planning urban growth and development as well as improving the standards of living of general populace of Zimbabwe through the development of proper housing and related infrastructure seeks the services of a GIS Specialist / Expert to support creation of different spatial development plans.
The Consultant will be expected to develop and maintain physical, social and economic databases by:
- Using various mathematical techniques, such as coordinating geography, to design and update GIS databases
- Determining the coordinate system of geographic data layers
- Setting up the Global Position Systems for the proposed locations
- Collection of field data and entry
- Reviewing and analysing of plans for development - spatial data and map layouts
- Mapping the delivery of utilities and planning for service interruptions.
The Consultant must have the following experience and skills:
- Degree in Geography from a reputable institution
- A minimum of 10 years’ post qualification experience in Geographical Information
- Systems (GIS)
Suitable candidates are required to submit an Expression of Interest including the following: Curriculum Vitae and at least 2 referees who can vouch for the quality of your previous work. Please send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 13 March 2020, at 1600hrs with heading: DEVELOPMENT PLAN PROJECTS – GIS SPECIALIST / EXPERT.
NB: Please note that whilst all applicants will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, qualified women are especially encouraged to apply. Please further note that although we value all applications, we unfortunately can only respond to short listed candidates.