The Urban Development Corporation (UDCORP) is seeking qualified and motivated individuals
to fill the position of Town Planners, based in the Bulawayo Regional Office. This is a contract
position with a duration of 6 months.
Duty Station: Bulawayo Regional Office, Zimbabwe
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in the preparation of Master Plans.
• Conduct thorough research and analysis of urban planning policies, regulations and best practices.
• Collaborate with other team members to gather relevant data and inputs required for Master Plan preparation.
• Develop conceptual designs and land use plans for the assigned districts.
• Ensure compliance with environmental, social and economic considerations in the
• Liaise with relevant stakeholders such as local authorities, community groups and
government agencies to gather feedback and incorporate it into the Master Plans.
• Provide technical support and guidance to the project team throughout the planning
• Review and evaluate existing infrastructure and propose improvements or modifications
• Prepare comprehensive reports and presentations regarding the progress and findings of
the planning work.
• Contribute to capacity building initiatives by sharing expertise and knowledge with
colleagues and local counterparts.
• Bachelor's Degree in Spatial Planning or a related field.
• Proven experience in Spatial Planning, preferably in the Zimbabwean context.
• Familiarity with the principles and practices of sustainable urban development.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• At least 5 years’ experience in related environment.
• Proficiency in GIS and other relevant planning software.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
• Knowledge of local regulations and policies related to urban planning will be an added
• Membership to a recognized Professional Town Planning Board is a must.
Interested candidates should submit their CV, cover letter, and academic transcripts to
email@example.com. Please clearly indicate the position and duty station you are
applying for in the subject line of your email.
Application Deadline: 13 February 2024
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further selection processes.
UDCORP is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified
individuals regardless of race, gender, disability or religion. For more information about UDCORP,
please visit our website at www.udcorp.co.zw.